ZA’ATAR SPICE BLEND
Za’atar is a popular Middle Eastern spice mixture used as a dip, rub, seasoning and marinade. For a delicious dip mix some quality extra virgin olive oil with some of this Za’atar Spice Blend and serve with warmed Nomad Breads Turkish.
- ½ cup fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup sumac
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized fry pan toast the sesame seeds over low heat until they turn golden brown. Remove the seeds from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Grind the thyme, sumac, salt and sesame seeds in a spice grinder or clean coffee grinder until you obtain a fine powder.
- To prepare the dip, mix 2 tablespoons of quality extra virgin olive oil with 1 tablespoon of the Za’atar Spice Blend. To serve, warm your Turkish bread in the oven or under the grill and slice into soldiers for dipping.
- Alternatively you can also spread the oil and Za’atar Spice Blend over your Turkish