Makes 1 jar
This Tomato Jam is the perfect accompaniment to any cheese board. It also makes a delicious breakfast spread served on top of warmed Nomad Breads Turkish with cream cheese.
- 750g ripe tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy based medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat, making sure you stir often.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 – 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally until the mixture has the consistency of thick jam.
- Taste the jam – being careful not to burn yourself - and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Pour into a jar and refrigerate.
You can add some chilli flakes or a finely chopped red chilli if you want to make a Spicy Tomato Jam.