SWEET POTATO SOUP
Sweet Potato is a highly nutritious vegetable rich in complex carbohydrates and dietary fibre. It also has a low Glycemic Index. Serve this Sweet Potato Soup with some Nomad Breads Original Lavash for a light and healthy lunch or dinner option.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1kg orange sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Garden Herbs to garnish
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the sweet potato, carrot and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the soup for around 25 minutes until the sweet potato and carrots are tender. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the stovetop and reheat for serving.
- Garnish the soup with your favourite fresh garden herbs such as chives, basil or coriander.