The smoky and spicy flavours of this Southwest Chicken Salad are matched with the chargrilled flavour of Nomad Breads Lavash toasted over the barbeque.
- 4 pieces Nomad Breads Lavash
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tinned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup roasted capsicum cut into strips
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon store bought taco seasoning
- 1 avocado
- Juice of ½ lime
- Tabasco sauce
- Sour cream or store bought
- Place the taco seasoning inside a plastic sandwich bag. Add the chicken breasts and shake them around until well coated.
- Heat your olive oil in a fry pan over medium and cook the chicken breasts for 4-6 minutes each side until cooked through. Set the chicken breasts aside to rest.
- Meanwhile mash the avocado flesh in a small bowl with the juice of half a lime and Tabasco sauce to taste. Set aside.
- Take four individual serving bowls and divide the torn lettuce evenly among them. Around the edge of the bowls add the black beans, corn, capsicum, red onion and grated cheese.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breasts and divide the meat among the serving bowls.
- Top the chicken salad with your mashed avocado and sour cream or Ranch dressing.
- Toast your Lavash Bread gently over a char grill and serve alongside the salad.
For a heartier salad you can add cooked brown or white rice to the bottom of the bowl.