NOMAD LENTIL BURGERS
Lentils are a good source of cholesterol-lowering fibre. They also contain a variety of vitamins and minerals plus iron for energy. Try our Nomad Lentil Burgers recipe for a hearty vegetarian meal.
- 3 x Nomad Breads Turkish Rolls
- 2 x 425g cans lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- ½ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- Olive oil for frying
- To the bowl of a food processor add lentils, onion, oats, cumin, paprika and salt. Process until well blended.
- Take a ¼ measuring cup and scoop out some mix. Wet your hands and form the mix into a patty. Place the patty on a baking tray or large plate and repeat with the remaining mix. You should get 6 patties. Refrigerate the patties for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat some olive oil in a large fry pan. Cook the patties in the oil until browned. This should take about 5 minutes on each side. Drain the patties on absorbent paper and set aside.
- Toast your Turkish Roll halves in a toaster. Fill each roll with some lettuce and tomato and 2 lentil patties. Add your favourite condiments such as hummus, chilli sauce, tahini or yoghurt dressing and eat!
You might like to add extra layers to your burgers such as grated carrot, caramelised onions and cheese.