MEXICAN CHILLI BOWLS
Mexican food is bold in colour and flavour and this recipe for Beef and Bean Chilli is no exception. Serve the chilli with a side of guacamole or charred corn on the cob and some warmed Nomad Breads Original Turkish Bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750g beef mince
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 420g cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Grated cheese to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat and cook the onion, garlic and capsicum for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the beef mince and continue cooking until all the meat is browned, using a fork break up any lumps.
- Add the kidney beans and diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Then add the chilli powder, cumin, salt and pepper and gently bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for around half and hour. If the chilli starts to dry, add a little water.
- Serve the chilli in individual bowls. Scatter over some grated cheese and fresh coriander.
You can substitute the beef mince for chicken or turkey mince if you prefer.