Flavoured with garlic, cumin, mint and parsley these Mediterranean Burgers make a tasty, relaxed dinner for the family. Serve the burgers on top of warmed Nomad Breads Original Turkish Rolls.
- 500 grams lamb mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Olive oil spray
- 4 Nomad Breads Original Turkish Rolls
- Store bought tzatziki, hummus, sliced tomato and shredded lettuce to serve.
- In a large bowl use your hands to combine the lamb mince, egg, onion, garlic, pine nuts, mint, parsley and cumin. Shape the mix into four patties and place them on a plate in the fridge for half an hour.
- Heat your barbeque grill, spray the patties with olive oil and cook them over the flame for around 5 minutes each side or until browned on the outside and cooked to your liking inside. Set the cooked patties aside on a plate lined with paper towel and cover with alfoil to rest.
- Meanwhile cut each Turkish Roll in half and toast each half cut side down on the barbeque grill.
- To assemble your burgers, spread the cut side of the bottom half of each roll with hummus and follow with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, and then your meat pattie. Spoon on tzatziki and top with the other half of the roll.
You might like to add a squeeze of your favourite chilli sauce to the burger too!