This simply delicious Lamb Souvlaki recipe using Nomad Breads Lavash features classic Greek flavours of oregano, lamb, lemon, olive oil and thyme.
- 1 packet Nomad Breads Lavash
- 750g lamb stir fry strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- store bought tzatziki
- red onion slices
- red and green capsicum, chopped
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Into a large non-reactive bowl place your lamb, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and thyme. Stir to combine and leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Prepare your onion, capsicum, lettuce and tzatziki ready for assembling the souvlaki.
- Heat a fry pan over medium. Add half of the drained lamb strips to the fry pan and, using a wooden spoon, move the lamb around the pan until browned on all sides but a little pink in the middle. This should only take a few minutes. Remove your lamb from the pan and set aside to rest. Repeat with the remaining lamb.
- Take a piece of lavash and along one edge layer your lettuce, capsicum and onion before topping with the cooked lamb strips. Spoon over some tzatziki and roll ready to eat.
You might like to replace the red onion slices with caramelised onions for a lovely sweet taste.