The meat for Chicken Shawarma is traditionally cooked on a rotisserie spit but this make at home recipe using Nomad Breads Lavash is cooked on the barbeque for a fast and delicious alternative.
- 1 packet Nomad Breads Lavash
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- store bought tabouli
- In a medium sized bowl combine the lemon juice, curry powder, olive oil, salt, ground cumin and garlic with the chicken tenderloins and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a barbeque grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill your chicken pieces on the barbeque for 5 – 10 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Wipe the barbeque clean before char grilling your lavash pieces until they soften.
- Top each piece of lavash with some tabouli, then some cooked chicken and finally some yoghurt sauce. Roll up and enjoy!
You might like to add other salad ingredients to your Chicken Shawarma such as sliced tomato, grilled zucchini, pickled vegetables or hummus.