CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD
The Caesar Salad was reportedly created in 1924 by restaurateur Caesar Cardini. This twist adds moreish Garlic Turkish Bread croutons to the classic recipe.
Chicken Caesar Sald
- 1 cos lettuce, leaves picked, washed and dried
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into 1cm strips
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 cups Nomad Original Garlic Turkish Bread, chopped into 2cm cubes
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 cup store bought Caesar salad dressing
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a fry pan over medium and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Pan-fry the chicken strips for a minute or two on either side until cooked. Remove the strips from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
- In the same pan add the chopped bacon pieces and fry until crispy. With a slotted spoon remove the bacon pieces from the pan and drain on paper towel.
- Add the bread cubes to the pan along with the remaining olive oil and fry until they have turned into golden and crispy croutons. Remove the croutons from the pan and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, toss the lettuce leaves with the Caesar salad dressing, and pile high onto four individual plates. Layer the chicken pieces onto the lettuce leaves and shower over the bacon pieces.
- Cut the boiled eggs into four quarters and share among the bowls.
- Finally, scatter over the croutons and a generous amount of parmesan cheese.
(Visited 400 times, 1 visits today)