With fresh green basil, stretchy white mozzarella and ruby red tomato, this Caprese Toastie recipe served on a Nomad Breads Turkish Roll has all the colours of the Italian flag!
- 1 Nomad Breads Turkish Roll
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 1 bunch basil, leaves removed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- To make the Pesto add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor, except for the oil and hold back a few of the basil leaves to use as garnish.
- With the motor running on the food processor, start to process the ingredients. Drizzle in the olive oil in a slow and steady stream. Add a little more oil if the pesto looks dry. Season to taste.
- Take your Nomad Breads Turkish Roll and slice it in half lengthways, Spread each of the cut sides with a generous amount of the pesto.
- Arrange your tomato and mozzarella slices on top of the pesto in an alternating pattern. Place under a medium grill until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
(Visited 256 times, 1 visits today)