This is a tasty and easy soup that can be on the dinner table in 20 minutes. Serve the soup with Nomad Original Turkish Bread Cheese Soldiers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, washed thoroughly and finely sliced
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup cream
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and leek and sauté until both are soft.
- Add the broccoli and stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the soup for around 10 minutes then process with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and pour into serving bowls.
- Top with some finely grated Parmesan and cracked black pepper.
- For the Cheese Soldiers place half a loaf of Nomad Original Turkish Bread on a baking tray and sprinkle over grated cheese. Pop the bread in a moderate oven until the cheese is golden and melted. Slice the bread into soldiers for dipping into the soup.
(Visited 294 times, 1 visits today)