BOXING DAY DINNER BAKE
Looking for a way to use up some of that leftover Christmas Ham and Turkey? Why not try this creamy Boxing Day Dinner Bake starring your Christmas leftovers and a crunchy baked crust of Nomad Breads Turkish crumbs?
- 350g cooked Christmas turkey, chopped
- 150g Christmas ham, chopped
- 150g frozen pea, corn and carrot mix
- 50g plain flour
- 100g butter plus a little extra for greasing
- 600ml full cream milk
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 150g cheddar or tasty cheese
- ½ loaf Nomad Breads Turkish
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Tear your Nomad Breads Turkish into pieces and add to the bowl of a food processor. Blitz the torn bread until you achieve fine breadcrumbs. Combine the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt 50g of the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Pour in the milk, whisking continuously to prevent any lumps while the sauce thickens. Add the grated cheese, sherry and mustard and continue to whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Remove from the sauce from the heat.
- Stir the turkey, ham and frozen vegetables into the cheese sauce.
- Take a small, deep baking dish and grease the sides with butter. Pour in your sauce mix and top generously with the breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Dot the remaining 50g of butter over the top of the breadcrumbs and bake the dish in the oven for 25-35 minutes.
- Serve your Boxing Day Dinner Bake with a green salad and your favourite potatoes.
For a more substantial meal you can double the sauce mix and stir in 3 cups of cooked pasta elbows or penne with the turkey, ham and vegetables before baking.