Our version of the classic BLAT includes a fried egg and creamy avocado served on warmed Nomad Breads Turkish. We’ve nicknamed it a BLEAT!
- 1 loaf Nomad Breads Turkish
- 8 bacon rashers, rind removed
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced (optional)
- lettuce and mixed salad greens
- your favourite tomato or barbeque sauce
- Slice your avocado, tomato and onion, if using, and set aside.
- Cut your Turkish bread loaf into four pieces and slice each piece lengthways. Place the pieces under a grill and gently toast on both sides.
- In a large fry pan, cook your bacon rashers over medium heat until slightly crispy. Remove form the pan and set aside on paper towel.
- Cook your eggs in the fry pan until the yolks are set to your liking.
- To assemble your BLAT layer the avocado, salad greens, tomato and onion on the base of your toasted Turkish bread. Top with two bacon rashers and a fried egg. Add your favourite sauce and Turkish bread lid and enjoy!
You can use our Nomad Breads Turkish Rolls to make your BLAT as well.