Baba Ghanoush is a smoky, rich and creamy dip with Middle Eastern origins. Featuring charred eggplants and tahini paste it’s delicious served with warmed Nomad Breads Garlic Turkish.
- 1 loaf Nomad Breads Garlic Turkish
- 1.5kg eggplants about (2-3 medium eggplants)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220°Celsius.
- Rub the outside of the eggplants with olive oil and place them in a roasting plan. Roast the eggplants in the oven for around 20 minutes until the skin is charred and the inside is soft. Set aside to cool.
- Alternatively you can roast your eggplants over a gas flame on the stovetop or barbeque. Turn the eggplants regularly with metal tongs until charred. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice the eggplants in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh.
- Place the flesh in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients and puree to a chunky paste. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve with your warmed Nomad Breads Garlic Turkish.
If your dip seems a bit too thick, add a small amount of water to the food processor.