AVOCADO BASIL PESTO
The addition of avocado to this traditional basil pesto recipe creates a creamy texture that’s perfect for spreading on your Nomad Breads Lavash wraps or serving as a dip with warm Nomad Breads Turkish.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place the basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts, lime juice and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Use the pulse function to process the pesto until it reaches your desired consistency. For a thinner pesto add a few tablespoons of water and pulse.
- Transfer the pesto to a medium sized bowl and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Avocado Basil Pesto with warmed pieces of Nomad Breads Turkish or use it as a spread on a Nomad Breads Lavash wrap.
You can add ½ cup spinach leaves at the start of the recipe for another hit of green.